Statement of Faith and Philosophy
Rutherford County Christian School is a ministry of Rutherford County Baptist Church and therefore adheres to its Doctrinal Statement and Constitution.
We believe in God's verbally inspired, inerrant, and authoritative Word. We believe that God has preserved His Word in the King James Version Bible. We teach and preach only from the KING JAMES BIBLE.
We believe in the virgin birth, atoning death, bodily resurrection, and deity of Jesus Christ.
We believe in the triune eternal being of God: God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit.
We believe God created the universe in six literal days.
We believe that mankind has fallen, and every person is born with a sinful nature.
We believe that Jesus came down from Heaven as the only begotten son of God to be born of a virgin, live a sinless life, shed His atoning blood on the cross for our sins, and rise from the dead three days later to intercede to the Father for us in Heaven.
7. We believe the only way to heaven is by trusting Jesus Christ as our way to heaven and calling upon his name for salvation.
8. We believe that baptism by immersion is the first step after salvation in the Christian walk.
9. We believe in the eternal security of salvation for the Saints through the atoning blood of Christ.
10. We believe in the imminent pre-tribulation return of Christ to rapture out the saints.
11. We believe that every believer must witness to others and point them to our Savior. Every believer’s and church’s main priority is to
fulfill the great commission by personal evangelism to the world around us.
12. We believe the only legitimate marriage is the union of one man and one woman (Gen. 2:24; Rom. 7:2; 1 Cor. 7:10; Eph. 5:22-23).
Our religious conviction is that God forbids any form of homosexuality, lesbianism, bisexuality, bestiality, incest, fornication, adultery, and pornography. We also believe that God forbids any attempt to alter one's gender by surgery or appearance. The following Scriptures are examples but are not exhaustive: Gen. 2:24; Gen. 19:5, 13; Gen. 26:8-9; Lev. 18:1-30; Rom. 1: 26-29; 1 Cor. 5:1; 6:9; 1 Thess. 4:1-8; Heb. 13:4. We feel we cannot fulfill our mission with families whose household is acting in these ways and, therefore, contrary to our mission.
The Mission of RCCS is to assist the home in training up a child with a solid Biblical foundation and a quality education. We desire to see each student cultivate a love for the Lord and His Word and a heart to serve Him for eternity.